POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray Benchmark : POV-Ray Benchmark Server Time
28 Sep 2024 10:57:26 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Benchmark
From: POV-Ray-Project
Date: 27 Nov 2004 10:20:00
Message: <web.41a89a203676b7bf65896c660@news.povray.org>
Hello,
 We are students at the IIT, working on a project focousing on POV-Ray.
 The project's goal is to optimize the open source code of POV-Ray to
achieve a measurable speedup in rendering time - hopefully returning it to
the open source community.

 For that our project needs a benchmark - a representative file to render.
 We know there is a built-in benchmark, but for our project we need a
diffrent debug benchmark
 a short one for mid-work purpouses, that would take LESS then a minute to
render on a 3GHz computer.

 Since we know next to nothing about POV-Ray, we are approaching people from
the POV-Ray community to recommend an apropriate benchmark file.

 Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated

 Thanking you, In advance

 Shmuel Habari & Shachar Kaufman